Study Trip to Berlin February 2023. This study trip is an opportunity to immerse yourself in the culture and visual arts of a vibrant and exciting city. Berlin provides a great environment for experiencing photography in all its forms as well as exploring great art of all disciplines. It is also a fascinating place to explore and take photographs, steeped in history and ever changing it is the cultural capital of Germany.
The trip will take place during week 4 SB2 - departing 13 February Returning 17 February 2023.
Cost of the trip is approx £515 dependent on numbers (the cost may go up if the trip is not filled). This includes all airport transfers by coach, return flights from Bristol airport and bed and breakfast accommodation MEININGER Hotel Berlin East Side Gallery. Travel insurance is also included but students are also strongly advised to take out their own personal travel insurance.
Balance payment of £265 is due now.
Please ensure your passport is valid for at least 3 -6 months after the proposed travel dates.
Berlin is a dynamic, progressive city and the local photography and art scene reflects its unique history and colourful presence. Students will benefit from exploring the photography and art to be found in Berlin as well as its history, architecture and culture. There are hundreds of galleries and museums in Berlin to explore as well as many interesting sights and experiences including a very vibrant social scene.
There will be opportunities to join group outings to some of the amazing things Berlin has to offer and students will also have free time to explore the city and any galleries/ museums/ sights which interest them personally. Students will be encouraged to experience visual culture in the city and gather ideas for their own practice, to engage with exhibitions, publications and the environment.
Educational Study Visit Terms and Conditions – Institute of Photography
Any payment for a study visit made by or on behalf of an enrolled Falmouth University student is subject to the following terms and conditions in relation to the student. These are reproduced in the Online Store when deposit or balance payment is made for a study visit.
Terms and conditions
1. Where this product is purchased by another individual on behalf of the traveller, it is the responsibility of the traveller to ensure that the personal information given about them – including passport details and medical and special needs requirements – is complete and accurate. We recommend that those purchasing on behalf of a traveller, forward to the traveller the email sale notification that they will receive following purchase, as it contains a summary of all questionnaire answers given.
2. If a student has any accessibility requirements or health concerns that may impact on their needs in relation to the study visit, they should speak to a tutor before reserving a place on the visit, to enable the Visit Organiser to take support needs into account in the early planning stages, risk assessment and staffing of the visit.
3. If your study visit requires flights or non-UK travel, then during the online payment process (for deposits and for balances), full traveller and passport details will be collected. This will be used to book travel, so please ensure all details are accurately entered. If they do not match the passport at the time of travelling, travel may not be permitted. If a subsequent correction of your details is later required, you are likely to incur a charge made by the tour operator. Passports must be valid for travel up to and including the return date and in some circumstances for longer.
4. Falmouth University reserves the right not to run any study visit. If you are making this payment but are not the traveller, please note that in the event of a refund needing to be issued for any aspect of a study visit, the refund will be made to the card used to make the payment. If this is not possible due to card expiry then, for security reasons, the refund will be paid by Falmouth University directly to the student whose place it concerns.
5. Travellers agree to read all insurance and other information provided to them by Falmouth University in relation to this study visit, and to take all resulting action necessary in relation to their personal circumstances.
6. Payment of a non-refundable deposit by or on behalf of a student constitutes your agreement to pay the balance for the study visit by the deadline stated. If you fail to do so, your place on the study visit will be cancelled, you will forfeit the non-refundable deposit you have paid, and your outstanding balance will be treated as a debt; you may also be subject to cancellation penalties. Students in debt to the university are not eligible to enrol onto the next level of their course, or to graduate.
7. Any queries about this study visit must be made by the student directly to the organising course tutor, regardless of who is making the payment for their trip attendance. We regret that Falmouth University is unable to enter into conversation about the details of a study visit or discuss the details of participating students with parents or any other third parties, for reasons of security and data protection.
8. By booking on to this study visit, you agree to conduct yourself in a reasonable and orderly manner, with due regard to other people, their property and the reputation of Falmouth University. You agree to comply with the instructions of the Visit Organiser (the lead academic on your study visit).
10. Photographs of the study visit may be used by Falmouth University for marketing and promotional purposes.