This is the balance payment to secure a place on the Fine Art and Drawing study visit to Venice in November 2017.
This balance is payable before Monday 7 August 2017.
Falmouth University will become liable for the full cost of your place nearly three months before your travel date. Therefore, if you do not pay your balance by the deadline stated above, your place on the study visit will be cancelled, and you will forfeit the non-refundable deposit you have paid.
Please read in full the information about this trip and your purchase, below.
PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS DESCRIPTOR TEXT BEFORE MAKING YOUR PAYMENT; IT CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
This study visit is open to 2nd and 3rd year BA(Hons) Drawing and BA(Hons) Fine Art students who have already paid a £200 deposit to reserve a place on the trip. It will take in the 57th Venice Biennale International Art Exhibition.
6-9 November 2017 | Cost: £325.50 (comprising £200 deposit and £125.50 balance)
To secure your place, a balance payment of £125.50 is required by 7 August. Your place is not secured until you have paid both the deposit and balance amounts.
The above cost includes:
- Coach travel to and from Bristol airport
- Return flights between Bristol and Venice
- 1 bag of hand luggage per person (strict bag sizes, detailed below, must be adhered to, otherwise the airline will charge you extra at the airport to have your luggage placed in the hold)
- Venice airport transfers
- 3 nights B&B accommodation in Venice (shared dorm rooms)
- 2-day entry to Venice Biennale (you will need to show your student ID to use this)
- Group travel insurance
Additional costs: You will need to travel with money to cover the following costs:
- Vaporetto boat travel whilst in Venice (€7.50 per person per journey – walking can be an option)
- City tax payable individually at the hotel (€3 per person per night)
- Approx. €20 per person hotel/hostel damages deposit (to be returned to you by the hotel at the end of your stay)
- Lunches and evening meals
- Entrance to any non-Biennale venues that you wish to visit
Who is travelling?
The group is of 35 students from second and third year BA(Hons) Drawing and BA(Hons) Fine Art, travelling together and staying in the same accommodation. Staff members travelling are Joe Graham from BA(Hons) Drawing, and from BA(Hons) Fine Art, Lucy Willow and Simon Averill.
Coach will depart Falmouth around midday on 6 November 2017 (your visit organiser will provide exact departure times). Your return coach will arrive back in Falmouth at approximately 11pm on 9 November 2017 (again, your visit organiser will provide you with an estimated return time).
6.11.17: 18:40 Easyjet flight from Bristol Airport to Venice Marco Polo Airport (arrive 21:55)
9.11.17: 16:45 Easyjet flight from Venice Marco Polo Airport to Bristol Airport (arrive 18:10)
Casa Per Ferie la Pieta: This hotel is in the heart of Venice’s historic centre, a short walk from Piazza San Marco, and very close to the Biennale venues.
Titled VIVA ARTE VIVA and curated by Christine Mace, the exhibition will include over 200 artists in the historic Pavilions at the Giardini, at the Arsenale and in the historic city centre of Venice. Four countries will be participating for the first time: Antigua and Barbuda, Kiribati, Nigeria and Kazakhstan.
The Giardini is the traditional location of the event, it is home to around 30 permanent pavilion structures built by participating countries in order to show off the best artwork each individual country has to offer. The Arsenale is a recently renovated estate, which holds a high place in Venetian history, as it was once the centre of Venice's naval power. Now, however it provides a gorgeous backdrop for the Biennale. It hosts a wide variety of different exhibitions including live performances and unique art presentations.
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY
- During the online payment process, full traveller and passport details will be collected for a second time. Please ensure your details and all dates are accurately entered.
- Passports must be valid for travel up to and including the return date.
- The airline’s hand luggage policy is as follows: ‘All customers can take ONE cabin bag on board. There’s no weight limit, but we do ask that you are able to fit it in the overhead locker. Easyjet check bag sizes before you board. If your bag is bigger than the maximum 56cmX45cmX25cm (including handles and wheels), it will have to be put into the hold at cost to the passenger.
- You will need to show your individual student ID in order to use the Venice Biennale pass that is included in this study visit package.
- When paying your non-refundable £200 deposit, you committed to also pay the balance payment as outlined above.
- Falmouth University will become liable for the full cost of your place nearly three months before your travel date. Therefore, if you do not pay your balance by the deadline stated above, your place on the study visit will be cancelled, and you will forfeit the non-refundable deposit you have paid.
- Falmouth University reserves the right not to run this study visit. If you are making this payment but are not the traveller, please note that in the event of a refund needing to be issued for any aspect of a study visit, the refund will be made to the card used to make the payment. If this is not possible due to card expiry, then for security reasons, the refund will be paid by Falmouth University directly to the student whose place it concerns.